Converting the Liszt House into the Liszt Museum, Weimar
The Hungarian Franz Liszt (1811 – 1886) was conductor in Weimar from 1848 to 1862 and came back to his Thüriger residence in 1869 from Rome when he moved into an apartment furnished for him in the Hofgärtnerei in Ilmpark. Here he devoted himself to teaching his students, who came from far and wide. In addition to the originally preserved living rooms on the first floor there is now an exhibition on the ground floor, celebrating the life and work of the composer, pianist and conductor. The exhibition tours the previously unused spaces on the ground floor where a sound installation from the studio of electroacoustic music at the Franz Liszt Hochschule for Music, led by Prof. Robin Minard can be heard. The museum was realised with planning partner Prof. Jürgen Hauck (hjp architects) and students of the Bauhaus-University Weimar.